- Fun is the priority in all Footy competitions.
- Shinpads are strongly recommended.
- Matches are 2×25 minutes with a 5 minute break.
- A team should be present 15 minutes before kick off. A team that is 10 minutes late begins 1-0 behind. A team that is 15 minutes late loses the game 5-0.
- A 5v5 team consists of 4 outfield players and 1 keeper.
- A team needs at least 4 players in the field to play.
- Unlimited substitutions may be made but only when the game is stopped or the ball is nowhere near the gate.
- Teams can change keeper but only when the game is stopped and the referee will not allow extra time for the changing of gloves.
Most important rules
- Only the keeper can touch the ball inside the area. If a player comes inside his own team’s box and either touches the ball or seeks to gain an advantage then a penalty will be awarded. If a player enters the opposition’s box then a foul will be blown and the ball will be given to the keeper (not applicable in Utrecht)
- The keeper may not leave the area. If the keeper leaves his area and either touches the ball or seeks to gain an advantage then a penalty will be awarded.
- Once the keeper plays the ball out it may not be played straight back until another player has touched the ball. If it is then a direct free kick will be awarded from where the ball was played back.
- If the ball leaves the field of play then when it is returned the game is restarted with an indirect free kick against the team that last touched the ball.
- If the keeper plays the ball out of the field in the making of a save or block then he receives the ball back. If he plays it out or too high when making a pass then the opposing keeper receives the ball.
- Slide tackles are not permitted and are punished with a direct free kick
- Bad fouls are punished with a red card.
- Denying a goal scoring opportunity, everywhere in the field, will be punished with a penalty.
- All free kicks are direct with exception of the ball leaving the field of play.
- Players must be 2 metres away from a free kick. If the free kick is within 2 metres of the goal area then it shall be moved back to 2 metres from the area.
- The keeper must be on the line for a penalty. The penalty taker may only take 1 step before striking the ball.
- The referees must be treated with respect and their decisions respected.
- A player that receives a yellow card will be sent from the field for 2 minutes and the team must play with a player less.
A second yellow card results in a red and the team must play the rest of the game with a player less.
- Red cards are a minimum of 1 game suspension and can be more depending on the offence.
- If a team receives 2 red cards then the match is stopped and they forfeit.
- A red card means that a team will have to play the rest of the game with one player less.
- Violence is never accepted and punishments range from long suspensions to permanent exclusion depending on the offence.
Man of the Match
- The referee chooses a Man of the Match. They receive a coin at the end of the game that can be exchanged for a free drink in the bar.
- The player with the most man of the match awards at the end of the season is named player of the season and receives a trophy.
Footy Indoor Rules
- For Footy indoor we follow the KNVB regels voor Amateur Zaalvoetbal.
Yellow/red cards at Footy indoor
- A player receiving a yellow card must leave the field for 2 minutes and the team plays with a player less (this is different to the KNVB rules where a yellow card receives no time penalty). A red card means that the team plays 5 minutes with a player less and that player may take no further part in the match.
- All teams must send in a list of no more than 12 players that make up their squad. Other players may play for the team but those on the list may not play for other teams within the same league.